With the controller you will receive terminal block connector set for sensors and actuators connection. HDMI – micro HDMI converter is also included. Following peripherals needs to be bought separately:
- IEC C13 power supply cable (PC computer cable)
- USB keyboard
- USB mouse – recommended with scroll wheel and third button in the wheel
- Display compatible with HDMI connector and suitable signal cable. Required display resolution is 1024×720. Recommended resolution is Full HD (1920×1080).
It is possible to connect the controller to TV or digital projector with HDMI support. If problem with trimmed desktop or black borders occurs, please change “overscan” settings. ( Menu / Preferences / Raspberry Pi Configuration / System / Overscan ).
Speed sensor and signal wheel is required for making new measurements. Required sensor count depends on the count of independently rotating dyno elements.
|Dyno type||Required speed sensor count|
|2WD chassis dyno||1|
|4WD chassis dyno with mechanical axis synchronization||1|
|4WD chassis dyno without mechanical axis connection||2|
|2WD hub dyno||2|
|4WD hub dyno – DC1E4 required||4|
To create absorption dyno, following parts are required:
- Absorption unit – simple and well performing solution is an eddy current brake. It’s also possible to use other types of units, for example water brake.
- Load cell – absorption unit torque sensor
- BD1 Brake power supply – module used to amplify load cell signal and power the eddy current brake
If absorption unit, other that eddy current brake, is used, there is no need for BD1 power supply. Load cell signal can by amplified with LCA1 standalone amplifier.
Maximum four absorption units are supported for any dyno type.