Included in package:
- DC1L controller
- micro HDMI to HDMI adapter
- full signal connector set
|Power supply||100-240 VAC, 50-60Hz, 1.5A, IEC C14 socket|
|Ambient temperature||−20°C – 50°C|
|Ambient humidity||0%-95% non condensing|
|Base computer||4-core Cortex A72 1,5GHz
4GB RAM LPDDR4
Data memory 32GB 100MB/s
|Microcontroller||32-bit RISC 64MHz|
|Dimensions||20cm x 9cm x 4.5cm|
Inputs / outputs
- Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac (2,4/5 GHz)
- Bluetooth 5.0 (Low Energy (BLE))
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 2 x USB 3.0
- 2 x micro HDMI
- Audio mini jack
- Ambient conditions sensor (temperature, pressure, humidity)
- CAN-BUS 2.0B
- Power outputs for sensors 12V, 5V with total capacity of 10W
- Analog output 0-10V
- 2 low side PWM outputs 3A 40V
- Additional low side output 3A 40V
- Two-terminal relay output 250V 16A
- Hall sensor roller speed input up to 10Mhz
- Engine speed input for hall, VR, inductive or capacitive clamp sensors up to 15kHz
- 2 load cell analog inputs 0-5V (for amplified signal)
- General purpose analog input 0-5V
- 4 thermocouple inputs with analog input capability
- 2 physical switch inputs
PC typical interfaces
The controller is equipped with typical interfaces, found in PC type computers, such as USB, Ethernet, micro HDMI. These allow to connect standard input / output devices such as mouse, keyboard, printer, display and internet connection. Wireless interfaces such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are also available.
Bluetooth enables wireless connection with vehicle OBD system, for readout of engine parameters, with use of optional interface.
The built-in ambient sensor is used to measure temperature, pressure and humidity which can be used to calculate corrected engine power according to SAE J1349 standard.
The controller is equipped with CAN-Bus 2.0B interface, with transmission speed up to 1Mbps, compatible with ISO-11898-2 and ISO-11898-5.
The interface is equipped with software controlled 120Ohm terminating resistor.
CAN-Bus is routed with one twisted pair of wires and allows connecting many devices in parallel on one bus.
Example devices that can connected to the controller via CAN-Bus:
- Additional actuator drivers, H-bridges for servo motor control
- Additional input extenders – wideband oxygen sensor controller
- Automotive displays such as Ecumaster ADU
- Engine control units such as Ecumaster EMU Black, which can be used to read engine operation parameters or to control throttle opening
Power supply outputs
- 2 power supply outputs: 12V, 5V, capable of supplying total 10W power to connected sensors.
- Analog output with 0-10V range are intended to control auxiliary dyno devices requiring analog signal.
- Can be used to control dyno absorber in retrofit applications.
- Output impedance: 1kOhm
- Resolution: 12bit
Low side and relay outputs
The controller is equipped with 3 low side outputs, capable of connecting terminal to ground.
- Maximum switched voltage: 40V
- Maximum current: 3A continuous, 12A peak
- Maximum inductive load switching energy: 50mJ
- Built in 10kOhm pull-up resistor to +12V, intended for digital signal generation
- Short circuit and overload protected
2 of these outputs have hardware PWM generation functionality and can generate PWM signal with frequency from 0.06Hz to 50kHz and resolution of 20bit. PWM outputs are capable of controlling:
- eddy current brakes (with use of external BD1 brake power supply)
- solenoid valves
- servo motors compatible with RC pulse signal
- power modulation of devices such as cooling fans etc.
Remaining low side output and relay output are controlled with programmable logic and allow to power auxiliary devices according to operating conditions or user input. Example use cases are:
- automatic fan turn on above preset engine speed
- starter motor control from dyno keyboard
Relay output capacity is 250V 16A.
The controller is equipped with 2 frequency inputs.
One input is intended for hall type sensors or encoders to measure chassis dyno roller rotational speed or for engine dyno to measure dyno main shaft rotational speed. In „pulse capture” mode, acceptable input frequency is 15mHz to 15kHz. In „pulse count” mode, frequency up to 10Mhz is accepted.
- Maximum input signal voltage: 15V
- Signal threshold voltage: 2.5V
- Hysteresis: 0.6 – 1.2V
The second input allows reading signal from Hall, VR, inductive or capacitive clamp sensors. It can be used to read engine speed in cases where the speed is not in constant relation with dyno roller or shaft speed.
- Input voltage up to 50VAC sine, 250V peak
- Differential input
- Adaptive signal arming threshold
The device has 3 analog inputs with 0-5V range. 2 of those inputs are reserved for amplified load cell signal. Other input can be used to connect any additional sensor.
- Maximum input voltage: 30V
- Resolution: 12bit
- Sampling frequency: 500Hz
A load cell cannot be directly connected to an analog input. Load cell signal must be amplified. It can be done with amplifier build in BD1 brake power supply.
High-precision analog inputs
The device has 2 differential pairs or high precision analog inputs. These inputs can be used for direct thermocouple connection or for connection of any sensor giving signal in 0-5V range. Every pair allows measuring signal in differential or single-ended mode. The single-ended mode allow connection of 4 sensors total.
- Resolution: 16bit
- Sampling frequency: 10Hz
- Voltage ranges: 0-256mV to 0-5V
The device has 2 inputs for switch connection. A switch can be used to activate software functions or controller outputs.