Notifications
Clear all

Setup Help for PEREK CS1 clamp inductive sensor

9 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@dynofellah)

I need a little help getting my inductive clamp to read RPM correctly. Testing on a lawnmower for now, the RPM reading is inconsistent when compared to the AIM Mychron Datalogger which is also on the same spark lead. The datalogger is hovering around 2800-3000 (Mechanical governor) and I've attached the CSV log from Dyno2

8 Replies
Topic starter
(@dynofellah)

RPM Trace screenshot

Topic starter
(@dynofellah)

Speed signal analysis

Topic starter
(@dynofellah)

Engine sensor settings

1 Reply
Customer
(@pawel-golota)

@dynofellah I am struggling with the same problem. It is present in my vintage motorcycles with magneto ignition. I built a simple electronic circuit that changes a haotic signal from a clamp to a square signal. The solution is not perfect, but it significantly improves the correctness of the rotation reading. I'm building a circuit now that allows you to change the width of the square wave signal - it can be useful depending on the maximum RPM of the engine. Look for a NE555 based strobe lamp. When I am satisfied with the results, I will try to share the scheme.

Regards Pawel G

Ronald Perek
Admin
(@ronperek)

I'll share what we discussed on WhatsApp:

1. Input mode should be set to "pulse capture".

2. In recent software in pulse capture mode, the option "Next edge rejection time" will allow rejecting "echoes" after the main pulse, stabilizing the reading.

3. The CS1 sensor is optimized for high current signals. It works better on primary coil circuit than on high voltage side. Injector cables are also fine.

4. The sensor works better in one of the possible orientations than in the other.

Page 1 / 2
Share: