Notifications
Clear all

Considering Buying

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@llandowtuning)

I am considering buying a Perek system to upgrade my old LPS 13, I have two of them and intend to make them 4WD

The features look good, but there is no contact form, there isn't much talk about Perek in comparison to YourDyno

Creating AddOns? Is that a thing? Are we stuck with the software? Is there an API to enable us to create our own add ons?

Is there a history log of mortification's to the software so that we can see what kids of bug fixes and features have been added?

I have a couple of other dynos also, aka DynoDevelopments junk and want to rip out the hardware for that also. 

3 Replies
Ronald Perek
Admin
(@ronperek)

The contact form is at the bottom of the main page. Isn't it displayed in your browser?

YourDyno had few years head start before me, that's why it's more popular. You should compare the features available. I had enough time to make a system that is as powerful as the competition, and in some aspects even better.

There is no AddOns system like in YourDyno, but you can interface your plugin with the system through TCP server, or you can run Bash scripts from the software. Tell me what you are missing in the software, and we will figure out how to do it.

You can find changelog on the updates page:

https://api.perek.it/dyno2/updates/

https://api.perek.it/dyno2/updates/changelog.txt

Topic starter
(@llandowtuning)

Thanks for the reply
Found the corm now, lol, my mistake

After say a power run, how is the data stored? Can something external to the system access to database to get the run data?

Ronald Perek
Admin
(@ronperek)

Data is stored in HDF format. Database to keep track of the runs is in SQLite.

I still need to guess a bit where you are going with this. So if you want to have the data in some external system, here are some options:

1. Export the channels you need on CAN bus and log them in your system during run.
  2. Access the channels you need through TCP server and log them in your system during run.
  3. After run, export the data to CSV (it can be done automatically), and read the CSV in your system. You can access the controller via SSH / SFTP to get to the file.
Share: