Brake power supply is intended for use with mains supplied eddy current brake. It is used for the following tasks:
- Rectification of mains AC voltage to DC voltage for brake supply
- Brake force modulation according to logic level, Pulse Width Modulation input signal
- Amplification of load cell signal to 0-5V level
- Device should be fixed on hard, flat surface in well ventilated area.
- Device must not be exposed to vibration.
- Device air flow must not be obstructed.
- No foreign objects should be inserted into the device.
- Life threatening, high voltages are present in the device. Make sure that it is disconnected from mains power supply before doing maintenance work.
- Device is intended for installation by qualified personnel.
- Device should be protected from access by unauthorized personnel.
- Device should be protected from moisture. It mustn’t be used when wet.
- Device should be protected from ingress of conductive contaminants. It shouldn’t be operated where metal grinding or cutting dust is present in the air.
- Device mustn’t be powered without assembled enclosure.
- Device installation doesn’t require enclosure disassembly.
- If the device is not working correctly, makes disturbing noises, emits burning smell, it should be immediately powered down. Please contact the manufacturer for repair.
- Device power supply must be protected with over current circuit breaker. The breaker value should be selected to minimum that is sufficient to supply the brake. If current requirement is unknown, good starting value would be 25Amp for single phase supply and 10Amp for multi phase supply.
- All dyno metal elements must be connected to safety ground. Any short circuit of live wire to dyno chassis must result in circuit breaker opening. Use of RCD breaker is advised for additional safety.
|Supply||85-305VAC, 50-60Hz, 1-3 phase, 120-430VDC|
|Brake peak current||32A for 1s|
|Brake continuous current||16A@50°C ambient temperature|
17.5A@40°C ambient temperature
20A@25°C ambient temperature
|Brake discharge method||Freewheeling diode|
|Maximum PWM modulation frequency||2500Hz|
|Maximum PWM input voltage (CTRL, CTRL INV)||24V|
|ON threshold for CTRL input||>3.5V|
|ON threshold for CTRL INV input||<1.5V|
|CTRL / CTRL INV leakage current||<5mA|
|+5V output current capacity||0.3A|
|LCOUT load cell output impedance||100Ohm|
|LCOUT load cell output voltage swing||1.2V – 3.8V|
|LCOUT zero load voltage||2.5V|
|Load cell signal amplification||older devices: g=495 (no info on label)|
new devices: g=106 (indicated on the label)
|Environment temperature range||−20°C ÷ 50°C|
|Internal thermal protection threshold||100°C|
|Operating humidity||0% ÷ 95% without condensation|
|Elevation||Up to 1000 m.a.s.l.|
|Dimensions||18cm x 13cm x 9.5cm|
|GND||Return ground for control signal and LCOUT|
|CTRL||PWM control input activated with high voltage level ( U > 3.5V )|
|CRTL INV||PWM control input activated with low voltage level ( U < 1.5V )|
|LCOUT||Amplified load cell signal ( 0V – 5V )|
|GND||Load cell supply ground return / shield|
|LCS+||Load cell signal +|
|LCS-||Load cell signal –|
|+5V||Load cell supply voltage|
|B-, B+||Eddy current brake output|
|L1, L2, L3||Mains supply inputs|
Mains supply terminals L1,L2,L3 and brake terminals B-, B+ are separated from load cell and control signals. As a result, GND terminals can be connected to external control device GND not related to the L1, L2, L3 supply ground.
|BD1 terminal||1 phase 120V or 1 phase 230V||3 phase 120V(208V)||3 phase 230V(400V)|
|L1||Neutral||Phase 1||Not allowed|
WARNING! Voltages in the device are life threatening. All connections should be made with the device disconnected from main supply. Connecting the supply is allowed only when the device is safely installed and it’s enclosure is assembled.
It’s advised to bundle wires in 4 separated groups: control, load cell, brake and supply. Routing high voltage brake or supply wires parallel to load cell or control wires can lead to improper system operation.
Typical required cross section of power cables is 2.5mm² up to 17A and 4mm² up to 23A.
Producer guarantees that the device is manufactured according to accepted craftsmanship practices and it meets the applicable standards. Correct device operation is guaranteed for 24 month period starting from date of purchase.
Guarantee does not cover damages caused by improper installation, usage or non compliance with instruction manual.
Device is intended for installation by qualified personnel. Device final performance and suitability for particular application is dependent on the user and thus it is not guaranteed by the manufacturer.
These specifications are subject to change without notice.