The software has advanced data channels (also referred to as variables) configuration system. All the data that enters the controller through inputs, CAN bus or OBD interface is converted and internally processed in SI units. However, it can be displayed in any unit that uses wishes to.
Whole configuration is divided in two groups:
Live setup – configuration for channels displayed live in RUN tab
Analyze setup – configuration for channels in ANALYZE tab
This kind of division enables user to have different visualization settings during measurement and different afterwards, when analyzing measurements.
Channel configuration can be accessed in Channels tab with double-click on channel, or directly from ANALYZE and RUN tabs through context menu functions in widgets displaying a channel.
Options that can be set for data channels have the following meaning:
- Hides channel in lists. You can use this option to hide channels which are not used in your dyno or that are not important for you. These won’t be listed for selection in widgets.
- Changes channel label displayed in widgets. Every channel has an unchangeable key that identifies it and the name that can be changed according to user preferences or language.
- Physical quantity can’t be changed for most channels. It’s displayed here informatively.
- Sets the channel display unit. It is only for display purposes. Data is processed always in SI units.
- Decimal count for number display. Negative values switch to scientific notation display.
- Channel color. It is used by widgets in different ways. It can change plot axis labels color or number widget text color.
- Autorange option will scale widgets range to available channel data.
- Autorange min span defines minimal range for widget scale. If i.e. analog channel has constant value 2.5V with some 0.01V noise it will scale from 2.49V to 2.51V and look very noisy. By setting min span to 1V, you can force it to scale automatically from 2V to 3V.
- Maximum value or scale range.
- Minimum value of scale range.
- Threshold to display high alarm information on status bar
- Threshold to display high warning indication in widget
- Threshold to display low warning indication in widget
- Threshold to display low alarm information on status bar
- Low pass filter time constant for data display. Keep in mind that filtering channel with values above 0.1s will start to influence channel value. If you filter engine torque characteristic that has short peak with 300Nm value, it can go down to 290Nm or even less. Higher time constant values also introduce delay on the signal in RUN tab. In ANALYZE the signal is zero-phase filtered, so there is no delay.