The software is supplied with DC1 controller that covers the hardware requirements. The user should not run additional applications in the background when the software is running to avoid performance problems.
To use the software, a display with resolution at least 1024×720 is required. Recommended resolution is Full HD (1920×1080). Keyboard and pointing device (mouse) is required. Mouse with scroll wheel is recommended.
- Fully adjustable software compatible with all dyno types – engine, chassis, hub, inertial, absorption and others.
- Detailed project database with advanced sorting, filtering and run statistics.
- Easy to read run analysis tool. Fully configurable colors, units and presentation.
- Smoothing customizable per data channel.
- CSV export of processed data.
- Dynamometer reports fully customizable with easy to use HTML-like file.
- Lots of wizard tools to shorten dyno setup. Tools for load cell calibration, dyno inertia calculation, brake PID tuning and more.
- Flexible sensor characteristic tables to convert analog signals to physical units.
- Live dyno parameters plotting during measurement.
- Configurable alarms and warnings.
- Continuous data logging up to 49 days.
- Scatter plotting. For ex. Power as a function of Ignition Angle.
- Flexible absorber control modes: manual power %, speed lock, acceleration limit, programmable brake and throttle sequences.
- Filtering and smoothing settings available to the user.
- Unlimited comparison of measurements.
- Run data saved in industry standard HDF format for ease of analysis in external software (e.g. MATLAB)
- Programmable logic module for outputs control.
- USB and Bluetooth support for OBD interface readers.
- Automatic throttle control with CAN-Bus and Ecumaster control units.
- Programmable CAN-Bus parsing to user data.
- Programmable CAN-Bus data export.
The software runs on Raspbian OS installed on the DC1 controller / computer.
The display must be connected to the controller before powering it up.
DC1 is supplied with installed and configured system and Dyno2 software placed on desktop, ready to run.
Dyno2 software works only on custom, prepared, system. It won’t run on a clean Raspbian installation.
Doing system updates is not recommended, as it could break correct Dyno2 software operation.
Power must not be cut off when the software is running or during any data write operation. It could lead to data corruption. Our experiments prove that powering down the device, with the operating system running idle, doesn’t have any negative consequences. Despite that, it is suggested to shut down the operating system before powering down the device.
If the operating system gets damaged, the whole system image can be downloaded from our website: https://api.perek.it/dyno2/updates/
User system password is: dynoadmin
When DC1 device is shipped, default LAN configuration is static IP address: 192.168.1.11 To connect the device to LAN network it is usually required to set IP settings to automatic DHCP.
All application data – settings and measurements are stored in /home/pi/.dyno2 directory.
- log – directory with error logs
- report – dynamometer report configuration files
- runs – directory with measurement data. The .hdf data file contains all information needed to open it on another device.
- saved – default directory for data export (e.g. PDF, CSV).
- media – stores project pictures and camera recordings
- analyzeVariables.xml – data channels configuration for ANALYZE tab.
- canInputs.xml – CAN bus parsing configuration.
- functions.xml – user programmed logic functions.
- projects.db – old database file from software < 1.0.0
- projects2.db – current more detailed database with information about projects and associated runs.
- projectsCustomization.xml – customization settings for projects database
- runsCustomization.xml – customization settings for runs database
- runVariables.xml – data channels configuration for RUN tab.
- settings.ini – file with software and dyno configuration.
Dyno manufacturer / distributor can place additional files in main (.dyno2) dyno directory:
- branding.png – default plot background.
- about.txt – default text displayed in SETTINGS / About tab.