Diffuse reflective photoelectric sensor for rotational speed measurement.
Rotational speed can be measured by placing a bright marker on the rotating element and pointing the sensor at it. The marker can be a piece of white tape or a mark made with white paint. When the marker passes in front of the sensor, modulated red light emitted by the sensor is reflected and generates a digital signal. This technique can be used to measure rotational speed of car engine when no other signals are available. By placing the marker on the car wheel, wheel slip on chassis dyno can be measured.
- Range: up to 1m
- Light: modulated red 625nm
- Supply voltage; 10 – 30VDC
- Output: 100mA, N.O. & N.C.
- Ingress protection: IP67
- Sensitivity control: adjustable by potentiometer
- Protection: short-circuit, reverse polarity, transients
- Ambient light: up to 30000lux
- Operating temperature: -25°C to +60°C
- Operating frequency: up to 500Hz (30000RPM)
The set contains:
- Photoelectric sensor
- 5m connection cable with DC1 controller connector and required resistors
- Magnetic base holder
- Base holder sensor adapter